Robotiq Gripper is not turning on/responding
After installing the Robotiq Gripper to the robot arm, and adding it to the system layout in Forge OS, the gripper does not power on. You may also see an error message in the alerts in Forge OS that the gripper is not functioning properly.
The Robotiq gripper has two LED lights, and the Robotiq force sensor also has an LED around where the cable is connected to the force sensor. If these lights are not illuminated, that means there is no power getting to the gripper and the force sensor. If the lights are blue, that means the connection is good and the gripper should be responsive. If they are red, that means the gripper has power but the connection to the system is not working properly.
- There are several possible causes of this behavior, the most common is that the cable attaching the Robotiq gripper to the READY TeachMate is not connected properly.
- Other causes may be a loose power cable on the interior of the TeachMate and/or Forge/Station.
- Please do not attempt to diagnose the internal power problems without involving READY Robotics Technical Support.
- Insure that the cable is seated and connected firmly to the TeachMate. If this does not resolve the issue, reboot the stand by powering it off, unplugging the Forge/Station, plugging it back in, and turning it back on.
- If neither of these troubleshooting steps does not resolve the problem, please send a description of this problem and steps followed to email@example.com.